- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
L6-56. Fresnel Spotlight
To illustrate how Fresnel lenses are used in theatre spotlights.
Fresnel spotlight on rolling stand.
This rolling spotlight is also useful in lighting demonstrations for TV.
The lens of this spotlight has a very short focal length, yet is quite thin and light because it is a Fresnel lens. The bulb in the spotlight can be moved along the optic axis to change the size of the area lit by the spotlight.