- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
K6-35. Voltage Divider
Show how a voltage divider can be use to produce any voltage up to the maximum of the source.
7.5 volt battery, variable resistor, and lecture meter.
Disconnect battery when not in use.
The circuit below uses a 7.5 volt battery across the entire coil, with the variable voltage taken across the slider to ground (or negative terminal of the battery).