- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
J5-35. Magnets Interacting On Pivots
To show the interaction between two bar magnets which are free to rotate.
Two bar magnets on pivots.
Start the larger bar magnet rotating to watch the reaction of the lighter magnet.
Trevor Mitchell and P. B. Siegel, A simple setup to observe attractors in phase space, AJP 61, 855-856 (1993).