- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
I7-31. Filled Conduction Bands
To demonstrate that filled bands and empty bands are non-conductive; only partially filled bands are active.
Three corked cola bottles with colored water as photographed.
Three identical cola bottles are (1) empty, (2) filled completely, and (3) partially filled. Shake the bottles. Only the partially filled bottle responds to the external force.