- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
I6-23. Diffusion - Food Color In Water
To demonstrate diffusion.
Beaker of water, food coloring.
A drop of food coloring is placed gently into a beaker of water. In a few minutes the food coloring will diffuse through the entire beaker of water. It might be argued that residual currents in the water account for much of this " diffusion." Maybe so, but it gets the point across even if you mention this.