- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
I3-32. Isobaric Expansion Of Air
To demonstrate expansion of air without change in pressure.
Can, hotplate, plastic bags, fan and wooden blocks.
Do not overheat and break the plastic bag.
Air is isolated in the can by a plastic bag sealed over the mouth. If the can is heated by the hot plate the air will expand to fill the plastic bag. If the fan blows cool air over the can the plastic bag will become evacuated.