- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
I3-17. Collapse Of Can - Portable Pump
To demonstrate the forces created by atmospheric air pressure.
Vacuum hand pump with soda cans.
Place a soda can firmly on the top gasket around the pump opening, and pump air out of the can using the hand pump. In less than a minute enough air is pumped out of the can so that the can collapses.