- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
I3-16. Collapse Of Can - Large Pump
To demonstrate the forces created by atmospheric air pressure.
Vacuum pump with soda cans.
Start the mechanical vacuum pump, then place a soda can firmly on the top gasket around the pump opening. In a couple of seconds enough air is pumped out of the can so that the can collapses with a bang, jumping off the pump.