- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
I1-12. Thermal Expansion - Ball And Ring
To demonstrate thermal expansion.
Ball and ring on handles with burner.
When both ball and ring are at room temperature, the ball fits through the ring. If only the ball is heated, it expands so that it will not fit through the ring.
Instructions for the Use of No. 1661 Ball and Ring Apparatus, Welch Scientific Co. Chicago, Ill. Directions for Use: Ball and Ring, Leybold-Heraeus Gmbh & Co., Germany.