- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
H4-34. Guitar And Oscilloscope
To illustrate how a guitar works and to see its waves on an oscilloscope.
Guitar and oscilloscope with microphone on scope/TV cart.
Play notes or chords on the guitar to see their wave shapes on the oscilloscope. Notice that as the notes decay their wave shapes change, a result of different decay times for different harmonics.