- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Transverse Waves On A Long Spring - Free End
To show reflections at a free end.
Long tight spring with string at one end with clamp.
A string holds one end of the long tight spring to the clamp on the lecture table. Because the string is long,and light compared to the spring, this forms a free end for the spring, allowing the end of the spring moves when a wave approaches.