- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Rope Wave Generator - Frequency Vs Wavelength
To show the relationship between the frequency and the wavelength in a rope stretched with fixed tension.
Mounted rope wave generator with weights.
Keeping the tension in the rope fixed (same weight on hook) and raising the frequency creates standing waves with shorter wavelength (more loops).
Lecture Demonstrations Instruction Sheet: Suggested Uses for the Wave Generator.