- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Spring-Coupled Physical Pendula
To demonstrate resonance and normal modes.
Mounted spring-coupled physical pendula.
After starting one of the pendula into motion in the plane of the picture, the motion couples back and forth between the two physical pendula at a rate determined by the spring constant and its location. Coupling can be varied by sliding the spring clamps along the pendula shafts. Normal modes can be nicely demonstrated.