- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Viscosity Of Liquids
To compare the viscosities of water and mineral oil.
Cylinders with heavy balls in water and mineral oil.
Two tubes contain heavy balls in water and mineral oil, respectively. Invert the tubes and compare terminal velocities to compare viscosities.◙
Metin Yersil, A Simple Demonstration of Terminal Velocity, TPT 29, 334-335 (1991).