- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Surface Tension - Thread In Frame
To demonstrate surface tension.
Wire ring on handle with wooden base, thread with loop in center, soap solution, pointed pencil.
A thread with a loop at its center is connected across a diameter of a wire loop. Dip the wire loop into soap solution, then puncture the surface inside the thread loop. The loop expands as shown in the photograph due to surface tension.