- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Ring And Disc On Inclined Plane
To demonstrate the effect of moment of inertia on the acceleration of bodies rolling down an inclined plane.
Ring, disc, and incline.
A solid disc and a thin ring having the same mass and the same radius roll down an incline starting at rest from the same position. The roller with the greater moment of inertia, in this case the ring, rolls more slowly.