- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Centripetal Force On Rotating Rubber Band
To demonstrate centripetal force and centrifugal reaction.
Rotator with disc and wide rubber band, stroboscope.
A rubber band is stretched around a disc which can be rapidly rotated. Use stroboscope to stop the motion,showing that the rubber band stretches when the disc is rotated. The stretch becomes greater as the angular velocity is increased.