- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Power - Using Gravity
To demonstrate mechanical power.
Felt-surface aluminum block, rope, pulley, half-kilogram mass, scale, timer.
Clean table top for best results
A one-half kilogram mass provides a force of about 5 Newtons hanging over the pulley. Under the 5 Newton force the block moves at a constant speed. The distance and time can be measured and the power calculated.