- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
To illustrate the rocket principle in a dramatic way.
Two rocket bottles with liquid nitrogen.
Pour about 100-200 ml of liquid nitrogen into the bottle and install the stopper. Exhausting nitrogen gas and liquid result in motion of the bottle. A second bottle has an untethered stopper, for comparison.
David Kagan, Louis Buchholtz, and Lynda Klein, Soda-Bottle Water Rockets, TPT 33, 150-157 (1995).