- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
To demonstrate the linear relationship F=-kx for a simple spring.
Brass spring on scale with two 200 g weights, as photographed.
Two weights are provided to show linearity over a factor of two in applied force.
(PIRA 1R10.10) See Demonstration Reference File for paper on how to make a linear spring out of one which is not quite linear.