- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
To illustrate mechanical advantage.
Endless screw, stand, and masses, as photographed.
The endless screw is a simple machine which illustraates mechanical advantage. Using only a small torque, a relatively heavy weight can be lifted. Concommitantly, a fast rotation of the worm produces a slow angular displacement of the wheel. The mechanical advantage is 136.