- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Sum Of Forces - Spring Scales
To show that the sum of forces exerted on the mass by the scales is constant.
Spring scale, platform spring scale, 1 kg mass, as photographed.
The weight is set on the scale platform, and the upper spring scale hooked to the weight. As an upward force is applied, the sum of the readings of the two spring scales remains constant, equal to the initial weight on the platform.