- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
To demonstrate the effect of center of mass location on stable equilibrium.
Leaning tower, as photographed.
The lower section of the tower is in stable equilibrium when sitting on a horizontal surface.When the top section is placed on the tower, the horizontal position of the center of mass moves outside of the perimeter of the base. The tower is then in unstable equilibrium, and topples.