- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Double Cone - Small
To demonstrate a center of mass paradox.
Double cone on rails, as photographed.
When the double cone is placed on the narrow end of the V-shaped rails it rolls to the wide end. The double cone appears to be rolling uphill, but in reality the center of mass is moving down.
(PIRA 1J11.50) Demonstration B1-6 is a larger version of this demonstration.