- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Volumes - Spherical Vs Cylindrical
To illustrate a volume perception paradox.
Graduated cylinder, flask, and water.
Before pouring the water, ask your students if the amount of water in the cylinder will (a) not fill up the sphere, (b) exactly fill up the flask, or (c) fill up the flask before the cylinder is emptied.
Water filling the graduated cylinder is poured into the apparently smaller spherical flask.